roller-user mailing list archives

From evgeniy.stro...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: What is the best way to add custom methodes
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:50:56 GMT
Thanks, it helps a lot. But I've got another related problem.
I'm able to get and set Cookie now.
In one page I set cookie in all others I'm reading it. But if I come back to the first page
and change the value of the cookie and go to the second page and read it I'm still getting
the old value until I flush cache of the blog. Is any way to do this from the Model I've build?
I'd like to flush cache at the moment I set the cookie.

Thank you
Gene

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>
To: user@roller.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:28:01 AM
Subject: Re: What is the best way to add custom methodes

Create a custom page model object with the method(s) you wish to add.
Here are some instructions I posted earlier:

  http://markmail.org/message/jdrk5jw4tg2ynkdp

It is possible to get the Servlet API request object in a model, so
you can get headers, cookies, etc.

- Dave

On Nov 27, 2007 11:17 AM, Evgeniy Strokin <evgeniy.strokin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,.. I have such task: Our blog has many categories and subcategories. User should
be able to choose some of them as default and I need to display posts only from those categories.
> So I thought I'll provide a screen where user can see the list of all categories and
he can choose some. I'll store it in cookie. When next time user will come I'll read the cookie
and show posts based on the values.
> I need to submit the form with user's choice to the server (right?) and set cookie. Also
I need some kind of custom method which will read the cookie and return me list of categories.
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> I use Roller 3.1 so far, but I have freedom to switch to Roller 4, but since it's not
ready yet (I know, there is release soon,.. but I just tested RC10 and I still had problems
there, may be just my config is wrong, may be problem with the RC, but this is not a good
sine anyway) may be I'd need a solution for 3.1 first, and for 4.0 after..