roller-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Mason" <charlie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller RC9 4.0 Upgrade Problems
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:26:43 GMT
On 01/11/2007, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
> Based on the stack trace above, it sure looks like the SQL upgrade
> script failed to create the required column 'path' in the table
> 'folder'. That is a serious problem and it is somewhat disturbing that
> you did not get an error message during the auto-upgrade process.
>
> Please answer the standard questions (what O/S, Java version, etc.):
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Roller+Mailing+Lists
>
> Also, can you confirm that field is missing from the database?
>
> - Dave

I have just checked the "upgraded" DB and you are correct there is no
path column.

The DB upgrade appeared to go flawlessly, until now I was very
impressed with the new installer. The rest of the DB upgrade seems to
be working. Still it is a release candidate so its best caught now
rather than later. I have include the info you asked for below.

Roller Version: 4.0 RC9
Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon Server
Web Server: Jboss Web 1.0.1 GA (it's basically tomcat, with APR based
static content serving)
DB: MySQL 5.0
Java: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)

As a work around I manually added the Path column and it now appears
to work fine.

If there is anything else you need to know let me know. I will have
another ago to confirm this bug is repeatable.

Hope that helps

Charlie M