roller-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Hoefgen" <choef...@bstage.ca>
Subject RollerRuntimeConfig:getProperty - Trouble accessing property
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 17:42:08 GMT
I am having issues getting Roller 3.1 to work properly on Resin.   The
server is up and running but I am unable to create an admin user.   It
always reports that "I'm sorry, but the administrator of this site has
turned off new user registrations."

After investigating the roller log I see many versions of this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.roller.config.RollerRuntimeConfig.getProperty(RollerRuntimeConfig
.java:67)
	at
org.apache.roller.config.RollerRuntimeConfig.getBooleanProperty(RollerRuntim
eConfig.java:84)
	at
_jsp._web_22dinf._jsps._tiles._bannerstatus__jsp._jspService(_bannerstatus__
jsp.java:91)
	at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:60)
	at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:570)

>From what little information I was able to find in the mailing list archives
I have ensured that my roller-custom.properties has properly defined the
uploads.dir and the search.index.dir.  I have also created a quick JSP (see
below) to confirm that the jdbc/rollerdb JNDI resource was properly defined,
and it is.  After debugging the code it seems that the
HibernatePropertiesManagerImpl is always return null for every call to
getProperty().

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try next?

Roller Version:  3.1
Resin Version: 3.0.21
Java Version:  Sun JDK 5.0.
OS:  Windows XP Pro