roller-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: method for simple url
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:21:46 GMT
Shaffer, Kurt wrote:

>  I'm new to Tomcat & roller, I've done the default install of both, how
>  do you recommend to get the url to look like the following:
>  blogs.foo.com  and not use the /roller on the end of the url.  I know
>  it will use it but for users out there I would like it to appear this
>  way.
>
>  I am thinking virtual host or redirection but not sure.

You're correct. If you're running tomcat directly on port 80,
you add a virtual host in tomcat's server.xml file. Just search
the net for instructions on that. If you're using apache httpd
as a frontend it's a matter of configuring a redirectmatch
in your virtual host configuration.

You don't need to change the name of the folder where the roller
webapp is, in either of the above cases. Tomcat or apache httpd
will fix that for you.

cheers
--
Fredrik Jonson