roller-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Status of adminapi in 4.0?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 06:52:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm using roller 4.0rc as a part of a game site, and it would be very
convenient for me to be able to create web blogs and users from a
external webapp (where I keep the rest of the site administration),
instead of manually setting them up from the roller-ui jsp interface.

The adminapi that I've seen mentioned in presentations and the dev
mailinglist seems like a perfect match. Now, I've read that it's
disabled by default, so I wonder, is that still correct, and if so why?
And what's the status of the adminapi (rap?) in roller 4.0? What
precausions do I need to put in place to put it in use "in production"?

My other alternative would be to enter users and weblogs by accessing
the database, and IMHO that seems to be a way less proper way than
using an ever so experimental adminapi. Or, am I wrong?

Any pointers to relevant documentation (oh, btw did I mention that
roller's install documentation is great!!!) and adminapi discussion would
be appreciated.

--
Fredrik Jonson