roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Includes Direcory
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:05:26 GMT
On 10/16/07, slowhome <webmaster@theslowhome.com> wrote:
> BTW, I'm using Roller 3.1
>
> slowhome wrote:
> >
> > I have several themes with small variations and I would like them to draw
> > upon a common set of includes (header, footer, sidebar, etc.) from a
> > common directory. I've created a folder called "includes" in the "themes"
> > folder but it doesn't seem to work.
> >
> >    #includeTemplate($model.weblog "../includes/_test")

Roller templates are not stored in a directory structure in the
database, so that will not work. Instead of adding new pages for
footers and headers, why not define macros.

I think this will work in 3.x: create the file below, put your
Velocity macros there and Roller will pick them up.

   WEB-INF/velocity/roller-custom.vm

- Dave