roller-user mailing list archives

From Joe Meadows <jamead...@webopolis.com>
Subject Re: Prevent user from deleting blog
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 03:53:49 GMT
Hi Dave,
> BTW, I was thinking that alternative would be to have the username as
> part of the path, then they could create as many blogs as they like
> which would be accessible in for form of
> http:/site.com/roller/username/blog1.  In fact that might be nicer
> than just allowing one hardcoded blog per user, does that sound
> reasonable?

I think I have a decent solution for this.  I modified
CreateWebsiteAction.java slightly.  When the user tries to create a new
blog it checks if the new handle matches the user name, if it does it
just lets it go through unchanged, if it doesn't match then the handle
is prepended with the username, i.e. username_myNewBlog.  This way the
user can delete and recreate their default blog (handle name = username)
and create multiple blogs without potentially colliding with other user
names.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!
Joe