roller-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject roller trunk, tomcat 6 + mail.jar
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:40:56 GMT
using my standard old roller.xml, on tomcat 6, even though the mail
resource setting is commented out in my roller.xml the roller webapp
fails to initialize if mail.jar is not present.

also interestingly, after installing mail.jar, the error message
complains about localhost, not the commented out mail.example.com in
roller.xml, so i do not think it's a case of tomcat 6 not honoring the
comments in roller.xml,

/javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host:
localhost, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1378)
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:399)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.getTransport(MailProvider.java:133)
/
so i wonder is tomcat 6 providing a default mail transport where it
didn't in 5.x?

thanks.