roller-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of adminapi in 4.0?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:55:48 GMT
fredrik,

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeveloperGuide#section-DeveloperGuide-AtomAdminPublishingProtocol

yes, this is what you want.

basically, it's disabled by default because it provides another way to
obtain administrative access to the server. if the service isn't needed
it's just prudent to disable it. the second issue is that the service
isn't used by most roller deployments. i think the community wanted to
give it some time to gel before making it a prime time feature.

feel free to use it, but consider it beta quality software.

just to clear up your confusion when looking at the docs., the name
started out as "atom admin publishing protocol", then changed to "roller
adminapi", or RAP.