roller-user mailing list archives

From "Roller-User" <Roller-U...@intrakom.uni-c.dk>
Subject Re: editor-menu.xml - inconsistent?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:58:59 GMT
user@roller.apache.org writes:
>On 9/11/07, Roller-User <Roller-User@intrakom.uni-c.dk> wrote:
>> Further down in the document, I can find a setting like this:
>>
>> <menu-item forward="weblogEntryManagement"
>> name="tabbedmenu.weblog.archives"
>>                         perms="admin,author,limited" />
>>
>> Now... shouldn't the admin be in a role attribute and not a perms
>> attribute?
>
>No. In this case we are specifying weblog specific permissions.
>

>> The reason I ask this is that if I have a user whom are a editor in the
>> site-wide contenxt and an editor/author in the website/blog context, he
>> cannot see any tabs in the authoring tool.
>
>Sounds like a bug that I have not seen before. What version of Roller
>are you using?

I am using Roller 3.1. I have fixed the issue though. I did this by
changing editor-menu.xml to be consistent with the comments in the file.
See the attached file for an example.
Basicly I had to be explicit on every item. Ie. name both roles and perms.

Thanks for the help (and some great blogging software). :)

Søren Wiuff
UNI-C