roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create new actions
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:35:52 GMT
These kinds of questions are probably better for the dev list...

On 9/17/07, Dudee <guspersson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to add some more properties for the blogs and a webpage where these
> can bet set. I've added the fields in the database and a webpage for each
> weblog where these can be set. But how do I go from here. I don't really
> know how the backend of Roller works. Where should I add my new action file
> and   what should it look like, and is there any hibernate/database files I
> have to add or modifie?

We don't have docs that explain how to add fields to objects and
define new Struts actions, so you're going to have to spend a little
time studying the code to figure out how things work. Take a look at
the Weblog object for example, do a Find Usages in your IDE and look
at how it is used in the backend managers, the action and the wrapper.

- Dave