roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem posting new Entry.
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:09:09 GMT
On 9/5/07, Daniele Trovato (dtrovato) <dtrovato@cisco.com> wrote:
> Often posting a nex Entry , specially cut and pasting text or  html
> objects froma another source, the following error appear:
>
>       org.apache.roller.RollerException
>
> Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Data truncation: Data too long
> for column 'text' at row 1

> It happens both using Xinha and using simple text editor and is quite
> difficult understand which kind of  input is cause of the problem...

Hmm... "Data too long" but the weblogentry.text field should be of
unlimited size. I'm not sure how that could happen. Did you guys make
any changes to the Roller database schema?  Will you please login to
MySQL and then do a "describe weblogentry" command so we can see the
table definition that you are using?

- Dave