roller-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: expected one jndi-name tag on startup JBOSS et. al.
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:16:44 GMT
Dave wrote:
> I see "Failed to parse WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml" but Roller does not
> include a jboss-web.xml file.  What is a jboss-web.xml file?

You'll need a jboss-web.xml to deploy Roller on JBoss.  It's the
container specific configuration file that maps resource
entries in web.xml into the "real" JNDI names.  Here's
an example of the jboss-web.xml I use for deploying
Roller on JBoss.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss-web>
    <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/rollerdb</res-ref-name> <!-- this matches
what's in web.xml -->
        <jndi-name>java:/rollerdb</jndi-name> <!-- the part after the
java:/ matches the jndi-name specified in roller-postgresql-ds.xml -->
    </resource-ref>
</jboss-web>

There's some info on installing Roller on JBoss here that might
help:

<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InstallationGuideJBoss4>

and I wrote a blog post (which may be a bit outdated now, since it was
written for 3.0) about this
as well:

<www.jroller.com/mindcrime/entry/installing_roller_weblogger_on_jboss>

HTH, YMMV, IANAL, WTFBBQ, etc...