roller-user mailing list archives

From henry.ch...@gsa.gov
Subject Re: Why doesn't Comment Management rebuild search index?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:39:12 GMT
Thanks, Dave. The number is ROL-1523.

"Dave" <snoopdave@gmail.com>
08/07/2007 03:41 PM
Please respond to
user@roller.apache.org

cc

Subject
Re: Why doesn't Comment Management rebuild search index?

Hi Henry,

On 8/7/07, henry.chang@gsa.gov <henry.chang@gsa.gov> wrote:
> A comment is approved but you cannot search it unless manually rebuild
> search index.

That's a bug.  If "search.index.comments=true" then we should create
an index for each comment when it is approved.

> The same behavior applies to delete a comment. This brings
> up operational problem for us. Our authors approve comments but they
don't
> have privilege to rebuild search index. We have to define operational
> procedure to work around this limitation. Why can't the actions in
Comment
> Management update search index automatically?

Please file a bug on this one, if you haven't done so already. I'm
going to try to clear the bugs you have reported this week for the 4.0
RC release and 3.1.1 if I have time.

- Dave