roller-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Guy Katz" <gk...@allot.com>
Subject [OT] apache front for roller (was: roller 3.1 posts links system problem)
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:08:19 GMT
Hi;

Well it turned out that the problem was that the apache front end was
configured in a way that impacted the URI such that when it got to
roller is was different (thanks to roller debug for the conclusion).

 

As I need all the help I can get. I would like to hear if someone had
the same difficulties deploying roller 3.1 new post URLs system and
maybe can share his solutions and ideas with me.

 

I have posted a question to tomcat mailing list that describes my
problem. Here it is (any feedback would be great):

 

Hi; (using: centos, apache 2.0.52, mod_jk 1.2.21, tomcat 6)

 

Recently, I encountered a problem with URIs that has 'non western
European' characters (for example:
http://www.somehost.com/roller/admin/entry/nofx_%D7%91%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%9A
). I noticed that apache was forwarding to tomcat a different URI than
the original which caused problems in my site.

 

Digging into the subject I found the JkOptions +ForwardURICompatUnparsed
fixed my problem. However, I then encountered a different problem then.
On the first hit, some images were not displayed in the browser (not
served to it). So I checked the forums and found out about the
JkStripSession. I figured it might help so I turned it on but nothing
happened.

 

My questions are:

Should the JkStripSession help in this case? Was there a known bug in my
apache/mod_jk versions related to this (couldn't find in bugzilla)? 

How should I solve this? The only thing I need is to be able to forward
URIs with 'special characters' as is to tomcat for a specific
application (context) 

 

I am really out of my element here so I would appreciate your help
greatly.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Related forum topic I found:

http://www.nabble.com/Image-problem-tf3629476.html#a10141944

http://www.nabble.com/-mod_jk--JkStripSession-directive-tf3294527.html#a
9164432

 

The configuration I thought would work but had the image loading
problem:

JkMount /* ajp13

JkStripSession On

 

JkOptions +ForwardURICompatUnparsed

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Katz [mailto:gkatz@allot.com] 
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:08 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: RE: roller 3.1 posts links system problem

 

My next step is to put a clean roller 3.1 install (not an upgraded one)

and see if I get the same problem

I will send an update then.

Thanks for the help.

 

 

-----Original Message-----

From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com] 

Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:34 PM

To: user@roller.apache.org

Subject: Re: roller 3.1 posts links system problem

 

On 8/23/07, Guy Katz <gkatz@allot.com> wrote:

> I have a strange problem when trying to deploy on centOS/tomcat 6

roller

> 3.1 with mysql5 connector-j5 (UTF8 DB and tomcat connector set to

UTF8)

> 

> On my dev PC I have the same roller 3.1 with the same exact DB and

> everything works fine.

> 

> On the centos the specific post links do not work if they include

> special characters (see example below).

 

This is pretty mysterious. If your database and Tomcat configurations

are the same, then I cannot understand why the OS would make any

difference.

 

 

> Also, there is an exception throws (The stack trace below does not say

> much so I can't understand the problem).

 

That horrible exception just means that Roller has returned a 404 (and

yes, I know, 404s should not cause such exceptions -- I'm working on

fixing that now).

 

- Dave


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message