roller-user mailing list archives

From "Guy Katz" <gk...@allot.com>
Subject RE: integrating roller user management with a portal user management
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:36:54 GMT
Hi;
Small note:
It would be great to add the ability to state the theme for the weblog
through the AAPP.
There is a hard coded default in the RollerWeblogHandler class(private
static final String DEFAULT_THEME = "basic";) but my roller installation
does not have the basic theme....
Also, this could be useful as a server wide configuration...
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:10 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: integrating roller user management with a portal user
management

On 8/23/07, Guy Katz <gkatz@allot.com> wrote:
> RAP was exactly what I needed.
> Took me a while to get the hang of dealing with it but once I got it,
it
> was easy (With the help of the self-marshaling objects in the SDK).
>
> The documentation states that it is not to be used in production. Is
> this only for security reasons?

Originally, we marked it as experimental because it was loosely based
on Atom protocol and Atom protocol was not final.

Personally, I would like to see RAP rewritten so that it conforms to
Atom protocol.

> I can add a filter to roller to allow only the local machine to send
the
> XML as my roller and my portal will reside on the same tomcat. Do you
> think its sufficient?

That sounds like a good idea. If you are going to run RAP on separate
machine, I'd recommend using HTTPS so that passwords are not sent in
the clear.

- Dave