roller-user mailing list archives

From "Guy Katz" <>
Subject RE: roller 3.1 posts links system problem
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:08:09 GMT
My next step is to put a clean roller 3.1 install (not an upgraded one)
and see if I get the same problem
I will send an update then.
Thanks for the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave []
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: roller 3.1 posts links system problem

On 8/23/07, Guy Katz <> wrote:
> I have a strange problem when trying to deploy on centOS/tomcat 6
> 3.1 with mysql5 connector-j5 (UTF8 DB and tomcat connector set to
> On my dev PC I have the same roller 3.1 with the same exact DB and
> everything works fine.
> On the centos the specific post links do not work if they include
> special characters (see example below).

This is pretty mysterious. If your database and Tomcat configurations
are the same, then I cannot understand why the OS would make any

> Also, there is an exception throws (The stack trace below does not say
> much so I can't understand the problem).

That horrible exception just means that Roller has returned a 404 (and
yes, I know, 404s should not cause such exceptions -- I'm working on
fixing that now).

- Dave

View raw message