roller-user mailing list archives

From "Guy Katz" <gk...@allot.com>
Subject integrating roller user management with a portal user management
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:00:52 GMT
Hi all;

I want to integrate roller inside a portal where user management is done
by the portal.

The user registration code resides in the portal such that when a user
decides to register for the portal, a new user is created for it both in
the user DB in the portal and then in roller as well.

Is there a nice way to integrate with roller to achieve this? I can
always just do SQL to the DB but I'd rather use some kind of a roller
mechanism or classes. I can probably have access to Roller's servlet
context from my portal application (deployed on the same tomcat) by
configuring roller 'crossContext=true' in tomcat.

Are there any objects (such as user manager) in the roller servlet
context that I can retrieve and use in order to trigger a 'new user'
command?

What are the integration methods that are available as an option in such
a situation?

Thanks in advance.