roller-user mailing list archives

From Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net>
Subject Re: migration problems (2.3 to 3.1)
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:02:41 GMT
Guy,

The problem is likely that your database migration was incomplete
because of the error you mention getting when running the migration
scripts; it would help if you specify which database you're using. At
least for mysql, the script will stop executing on the first
statement that throws an error, and therefore the rest of the
migration script doesn't execute.

Take a look in the migration script 240-to-300-migration.sql and run
the sql statements that are present AFTER the statement that adds the
locale field. In the mysql scripts at least, this includes the
following:

-- add new column which holds the hidden status for a page, default
is false
     alter table webpage add column hidden tinyint(1) default 0 not
null;

-- add new column which holds the hidden status for a page, default
is false
     alter table webpage add column navbar tinyint(1) default 0 not
null;
update webpage set navbar=1;
update webpage set navbar=0 where name like '\_%';

-- add new column which holds the template language used for a page
-- then set template language to velocity for all templates
     alter table webpage add column templatelang varchar(20) default
null;
update webpage set templatelang = 'velocity';

-- add new column which holds the decorator for a page
-- then set value to _decorator for all templates except decorators
     alter table webpage add column decorator varchar(255) default null;
update webpage set decorator = '_decorator' where name <> '_decorator';

I would strongly recommend you take a database backup before trying
this (since I'm a roller user not a developer; my answer could be
incomplete). If you're using multiple locales, it would also be a
good idea to see if the index that this script creates on the locale
field is present in your database or not; if it isn't present, you
should run the index creation statement on the locale field in your
database as well. A missing index won't break roller, but it might
make it slower.

-Eric