roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: integrating roller user management with a portal user management
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:10:16 GMT
On 8/23/07, Guy Katz <gkatz@allot.com> wrote:
> RAP was exactly what I needed.
> Took me a while to get the hang of dealing with it but once I got it, it
> was easy (With the help of the self-marshaling objects in the SDK).
>
> The documentation states that it is not to be used in production. Is
> this only for security reasons?

Originally, we marked it as experimental because it was loosely based
on Atom protocol and Atom protocol was not final.

Personally, I would like to see RAP rewritten so that it conforms to
Atom protocol.

> I can add a filter to roller to allow only the local machine to send the
> XML as my roller and my portal will reside on the same tomcat. Do you
> think its sufficient?

That sounds like a good idea. If you are going to run RAP on separate
machine, I'd recommend using HTTPS so that passwords are not sent in
the clear.

- Dave