roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving posts from one blog to another
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:44:19 GMT
On 8/17/07, Eric Wittle <ericw@wittle.net> wrote:
> I recently upgraded a roller install at work from roller 1.0 to 3.1.
> Now that group blogs/multiple blogs per user are supported, I'm
> curious about how difficult it would be to reorganize some of my
> older posts by moving them from one blog to another.

Hi Eric,

Nice to hear from you and to hear that you're still using Roller.

If you change the websiteid and fix the categoryid to point to one in
the new weblog, then you should be OK.

BUT... make sure you backup your database before you start mucking
around via SQL. Also, remember that pubtime and updatetime are
timestamps. MAKE SURE you include them in the update you will not
preserve their values. For example:

   update weblogentry set
      websiteid='NEWWEBSITEID',
      pubtime=pubtime,
      updatetime=updatetime,
   where websiteid='OLDWEBSITEID'

And the same sort of thing when you update the categoryid.

I speak from painful experience here ;-)

- Dave