roller-user mailing list archives

From Evgeniy Strokin <evgeniy.stro...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTML generated by macros is not good
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:14:56 GMT
Hello,..
I'm working on templates for Roller and noticed several very unfortunate things:
HTML generated by any macros is not standard.
For example calendar contains this:
border="0" cellspacing="0">Last two attributes
border="0" cellspacing="0"
just doesn't allow use some CSS properties.
I found such things in most HTML code generated by macros.
As an example of nearly perfect generated HTML code we can find from WordPress.
Of course this is very hard to change existing macros to generate nice HTML which could be
easily styled by CSS. I think the only solution is to deprecate existing macroses and write
new which could be used in future templates and they will generate nice HTML.

Thank you
Gene