roller-user mailing list archives

From Beltran <belt...@bitnami.com>
Subject Re: Roller installer easy to use
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:50:34 GMT
2007/8/29, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>:

    On 8/29/07, Beltran <beltran@bitnami.com> wrote:
     > We have created an easy to use installer for Apache, MySQL, Java and
     > Roller. Currently we have a Linux version, with Windows, OS X and
     > Solaris planned. It is open source, distributed under the Apache 2.0
     > license.
     > Our goal is to make open source applications as easy to use as
    possible
     > (we have installers for other projects like LifeRay, WordPress,
    Joomla!,
     > etc.)
     >
     > Below you can find a link to download an first take of the
    installer. If
     > this is something that interests you, please check it out and let us
     > know what you think. We plan on updating new versions based on user
     > feedback.
     >
     > http://bitnami.org/stacks/#roller

    Sounds like a great idea. Which version of Roller are you using? Are
    you using a stock Apache Roller release or a custom build?

    - Dave

Hi,

We bundle the official 3.1 binaries, and the installation follows the
steps in the official installation guide. Or goal is to simplify the
adoption process for people new to Roller. Looking forward to any
feedback you guys can provide about the installation experience (good or
bad :)

--
BitNami: Open Source. Simplified.  http://bitnami.org