roller-user mailing list archives

From eyewinz <sarveshw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error with Roller 3.0
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:46:37 GMT

Hi ahmedkii,

"to avoid the NPE i updated the configuration of the roller server to have
frontpage blog and then everything worked"

I am saravanan my team was facing the same problem as you did, in the above
lines you have mentioned that you changed the server configuration, we tried
changing the roller_properties table values,  we have set the value for
"site.frontpage.weblog.handle" as "frontpage" and tried. we are not able to
open the frontpage itself after that.

But where as when that value is null we can able to open the frontpage and
create weblog, but could not able to open the weblog, it throws the NPE.

can you kindly tell us what configuration chnges you did and how u solved
this issue.

Thanks in advance

ahmedkii wrote:

> The URL gives success message
> I think i solved the issue
> I've downloaded the source code and i found that the following line in
> RollerRuntimeConfig.java is causing the NPE
> return (frontPageHandle.equals(weblogHandle));
>
> The full  method
>    public static boolean isFrontPageWeblog(String weblogHandle) {
>
>         String frontPageHandle =
> getProperty("site.frontpage.weblog.handle");
>
>         return (frontPageHandle.equals(weblogHandle));
>     }
>
> It is clear that this methods checks if this blog is the frontpage blog.
> So to avoid the NPE i updated the configuration of the roller server to
> have frontpage blog and then everything worked
> Afterwards i tried to remove the frontpage blog and go back to the default
> (value is null) and the error is not there anymore
> I don't know why this happened
>
> Regards
>
> Dave Johnson-8 wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure your database connection is configured correctly?
>>
>> Try the dstest.jsp page, it will test the connection for you.
>> For example:
>>    http://localhost:8080/roller/roller-ui/tools/dstest.jsp
>>
>> - Dave
>>

>> On 11/14/06, ahmedkii <ahmedkii@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've installed Roller 3.0 with Oracle Database and Tomcat 5.0.x, JDK 1.5
>>> I can access the roller frontpage but i cannot access any newly created
>>> blogs
>>> I receive the following error:05:42
>>> StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener:
>>> contextInitialized():06:49 ApplicationDispatcher[/roller]
>>> Servlet.service()
>>> for servlet PageServlet threw exception