roller-user mailing list archives

From "Adib Saikali" <a...@programmingmastery.com>
Subject RE: Model for Calendar
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:50:35 GMT
I am planning to write a better calendar model for roller which you can drop
in as plug-in and control from velocity to generate a custom template. I
will publish it on this list as soon as I have it working.

Adib

-----Original Message-----
From: evgeniy.strokin@yahoo.com [mailto:evgeniy.strokin@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:10 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Model for Calendar

Thanks for the info Adib,
I think this is should be the next big step for Roller - we need to have
ability to generate CUSTOM UI elements (like calendars, comments, etc...)
instead of using build in macros.
For example I managed to create custom Search form, but this is simple UI
element.
For this we need to have all data available via models. In other words we
need to have ALL posible data in models.
I guess it requeres a lot of chenges of existing code. But this is very
critical for template developers.
Is any way to solve such problem via pluggins?

Gene