roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enabling only one blog per user and have global admin delete/edit any blog
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:01:29 GMT
On 7/24/07, Guy Katz <gkatz@allot.com> wrote:
> Hi (using 2.3);
> As a global admin, I need to control creation/editing other users' blogs
> and limit the blog authors to one blog only (disabling the ability to
> create mpre than one blog). Is there a way to achieve this?
>
> I sent a similar question some time ago and got an answer(see below) but
> while taking a deeper look at that answer, it not what I was looking
> for.
> By disabling groupblogging I remove my ability as a global admin to
> delete any blog I want or edit it (how do you delete blogs in this mode
> anyway - I could not find how).

What do you mean? When you use the User Admin page you no longer see a
list of the users blogs?

If that's the case then another way to edit a blog is to enter the
right URL. For example, edit your blog, then change the URL in the
address bar to use the handle of the blog you wish to edit instead of
your blog. Then you'll be in the target blog and able to edit it and
even delete it via the Website Settings page.

- Dave