roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller Absolute URL issue
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:25:26 GMT
On 7/13/07, Pagano, Michael <Michael_Pagano@medco.com> wrote:
> I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I could not find a
> reference.
>
> I have the Absolute URL set and it does work for the viewing the blog,
> the gifs, etc.
>
> But during login the absolute url is not used in the action= value and
> the login just returns me to the front page:
>
> If I replace the action= with the full absolute URL, then login works
> perfect.  Is there something I can configure properly to get this to
> work?
>
> Original does not work:
>
> <form method="post"
>       id="loginForm"
>
> action="/roller/j_security_check;jsessionid=32E345E272DD3843066E462298BB
> 989D"
>       onsubmit="saveUsername(this)">
>
> Changing the action to the full absolute url did work:
>
> <form method="post"
>       id="loginForm"
>
> action="http://www.example.com/blog3/roller/j_security_check;jsessionid=
> 3369EABBD5AAEB8A2034598A22F8A95F"
>       onsubmit="saveUsername(this)">

I believe Roller is using the correct logic to determine the action
value on the login form.

In your case it appears that Tomcat or your context is not configured
properly. Or there is a bug in Tomcat. Somebody is telling Roller that
the context URI is "/roller" when in fact the context URI is
"/blog3/roller".

Please post your Tomcat context config (blanking out your passwords!);
there might be a clue there.

- Dave