roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller on a clustered Tomcat Environment
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:44:38 GMT
On 7/17/07, Leon Messerschmidt <Leon.Messerschmidt@lonelyplanet.com.au> wrote:
> 1.  The search index is going to be somewhat of a problem.  There will
> need to be some extra development to use a central search engine such as
> solr.

Yes. Search does not (yet) work in a distributed fashion.

> 2.  The roller_data directory will need to live on a location (NFS
> perhaps) that is accessible to all instances of roller

Correct.

> 3.  We'll have to turn caching off entirely or look into distributed
> caching.

The cache is fully pluggable, so you can plugin a distributed cache.

You can use memcached as a distributed cache via the plugin here:
https://roller.dev.java.net/source/browse/roller/roller_support/tools/memcached/

But we don't have docs for it yet.

> 4.  We'll have to turn off pinging in all the instances except for one.

Correct.

> Anything else that I should be aware of?  Anybody care to help me out?

I think you are mostly on track. Allen had a good post about
distributed Roller a while back, but I was unable to turn it up via
Google.

- Dave