roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question regarding the roller.xml file
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:29:07 GMT
Yep, sounds like you have a database connection problem...

Please post your roller.xml file here (blank out any passwords first)
and we'll take a look.

Did you put the MySQL JDBC driver jar in tomcat/common/lib?

- Dave

On 7/13/07, Kelly Chang <kchang05@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install roller 3.1 on a windows server 2003 w/ sp2. I have tomcat 5.5,
MySQL5 and J2SE 5. All of those are working correctly.

> As of right now I'm getting the infamous "Cannot create JDBC driver of class ' ' for
connect URL 'null'" statement in my roller.log. I've tired everything suggested in the things
to check section and it still isn't working. I've also done some outside research and I'm
confused about which sections I should alter in the roller.xml context file. The install guide
says to change the URL, but outside sites with their own install steps say to change the resource.
Does this also refer to the URL or does this refer to the name?

> I only get this error when I put the path to my roller database in the resource name.
When I put it in the URL I get: "Cannot create JDBC driver of class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'
for connect URL 'C:\www\mysql5\data\roller'".