roller-user mailing list archives

From <Brian.Har...@alltel.com>
Subject RE: Struggling to get Roller 3.1 running on Websphere 6.0
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:58:32 GMT
You developers should get a copy of WAS and get this running on WAS or
at least WAS express.  If you want Roller to really take off then this
is the key.  Most large companies use WAS and really frown upon Tomcat.
Just a humble opinion =)

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Stevens [mailto:ats37@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 1:35 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Cc: Jeffery Chilton
Subject: RE: Struggling to get Roller 3.1 running on Websphere 6.0

> From: jeffery.chilton@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:38:41 -0700
>
> "Incompatible argument to method" sounds like you have the wrong
> version of Hibernate somewhere. From just that little tidbit of
> information, I would say that you either:
>
> a) Downloaded and installed the wrong version of Hibernate, or
> b) Have another, incompatible, version of hibernate somewhere on the
> server for some other purpose that the classloader is finding before
> it finds yours. (look in ${server_home}/lib or ${server_home}/lib/ext)
>
> Did you download Hibernate yourself from their site, or did you get it

> from the Roller support site on java.net?

java.net.  Not sure it's Hibernate that's the problem, though, as the
line that's throwing the exception is

                strategy = new HibernatePersistenceStrategy(

RollerConfig.getProperty("hibernate.configResource"),
                    RollerConfig.getProperty("hibernate.dialect"));

which of course is
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernatePersistenceStrategy - not
a Hibernate class nor even a subclass of one...

For the sake of thoroughness, though, I've run a "jar tvf *.jar | grep
hibernate" in $WAS_HOME/lib, $WAS_HOME/java/jre/lib and
$WAS_HOME/java/jre/lib/ext ($WAS_HOME/lib/ext is empty) but drew a blank
in all cases.

Some further info - I tried deploying the same .war file into Tomcat,
and it appears to start up fine.

Andrew.

100's of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk/index.html

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, Alltel requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.