roller-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel H. Hoyle" <dho...@aol.com>
Subject RE: Global Admin
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 02:16:35 GMT
OK.  I went to roller.properties and set the appropriate parameter to "true"
to get Planet Administration.  Now, my admin user has the following Actions
on its Main Menu:

Create new weblog
Edit user profile
Server administration
Planet administration

My non-admin users have the following Actions on its Main Menu:

Create new weblog
Edit user profile.

Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel H. Hoyle [mailto:dhoyle@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:22 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Global Admin

My version of Roller 3.1 seems to be installed OK. I can register as a new
user, create weblogs, etc.

The initial user created when roller first came up has some admin privileges
that subsequent users do not have, but this initial user does not seem to
have global admin privileges.  The only place that my initial user sees
anything about global admin is in Preferences/Settings where I get a place
with the heading: "Global Admin Settings Comma-separated list of custom page
model classes to be loaded for this weblog", followed by a large edit box,
where these objects can be named.

I assume I should be seeing Global Admin and possibly Planet Admin.  Where
should I look to make these available?

Thanks,

Danny