roller-user mailing list archives

From "Michael" <mich...@presys.dk>
Subject Installation of roller 3.1 on WebLogic 8.1
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:35:39 GMT
Hi

I am new to using Roller, and am having some installation problems.

I have to get it to run on a BEA WebLogic 8.1.6 Portal on Windows.
Roller was missing the ContextLoader, so I added that to the web.xml,
but it is still not running.

I gets an IllegalArgumentException when starting the webapplication, and
a NullPointerException when I tries to run the application (se the below
for the output). What am I doing wrong? I have tried to find a solution
to my problems on the Internet but have not found anything.

Best regards

Michael

Starting Exception:

<13-07-2007 11:48:13 CEST> <Warning> <HTTP> <BEA-101248>
<[ServletContext(id=34301635,name=roller,context-path=/)]: Deployment
descriptor
"jar:file:C:\bea816\USER_P~1\domains\PORTAL~1\.\portalServer\.
wlnotdelete\extract\portalServer_roller_roller\jarfiles\WEB-INF\lib\stan
dard.jar!/META-INF/fmt.tld" is malformed. Check against the DTD:
cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'taglib'. (line 6,
column 19).>
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.
        at java.util.Properties.loadConvert(Properties.java:387)
        at java.util.Properties.load(Properties.java:336)
        at
org.apache.roller.config.RollerConfig.<clinit>(RollerConfig.java:66)
        at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext
.java:154)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$FireContextListenerAction
.run(WebAppServletContext.java:7110)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121
)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.notifyCreated(WebAppServl
etContext.java:1757)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3378)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:6262)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:892)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEApplicationContainer.ja
va:2181)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer
.java:2222)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer
.java:2169)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Application.setActivation
(SlaveDeployer.java:3111)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.setActivationStateForAllA
pplications(SlaveDeployer.java:1769)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.resume(SlaveDeployer.java
:352)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.resume(D
eploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.java:229)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:136)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:965)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:360)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

Running exception:

<13-07-2007 11:56:03 CEST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020>
<[ServletContext(id=34301635,name=roller,context-path=/roller)] Servlet
failed with Exception java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.PersistenceSessionFilter.doFilter(Pers
istenceSessionFilter.java:63)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
27)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:264)
        at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterS
ecurityInterceptor.java:107)
        at
org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(Filte
rSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTransl
ationFilter.java:110)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter
(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilt
er(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.securechannel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(Channel
ProcessingFilter.java:138)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(Reme
mberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessin
gFilter.java:217)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(H
ttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:229)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(Filt
erChainProxy.java:274)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:1
48)
        at
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java
:98)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
27)
        at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.SchemeEnforcementFilter.doFilter(Schem
eEnforcementFilter.java:121)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
27)
        at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.filters.CharEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharEncodi
ngFilter.java:81)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(WebAppServletContext.java:7053)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:321)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12-07-2007 16:08