roller-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Fisla" <dfi...@itmatter.com>
Subject Re: Comment/Referer spam
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:42:25 GMT
>From my  experience  it's trackback spam, or using the trackback api. I
think this is a huge problem for blogs.
Our service gets hundreds of thousands of spam messages. Blocking by IP and
keywords gets you only so far. What is really needed is some statistical
filtering system like CRM114 (or dspam but that is for mail) Problem is
these systems are not easy to deploy and maintain.

Cheers,

-Daniel Fisla
dfisla@itmatter.com

--