roller-user mailing list archives

From Kirk Halyk <kirk.ha...@swp.com>
Subject Hardware reqs, AD/LDAP
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:03:51 GMT

Hi all,

I am looking to use roller potentially for a corporate blog site. We would have
say ~250 users in total. I am hoping we can stick with an open source solution
and products from the apache foundation have a good track record.

That said I have a few questions that will help me determine if roller is an
appropriate solution for us. Any info that anyone can provide would be
appreciated.

1) Given the user base above, what typically would I be looking at for hardware
reqs? The install/setup docs did not provide some typical scenarios...

2) Anyone running roller as a guest in VMWare? If so any issues?

3) How mature is Active Directory integration via the Acegi module and are there
any docs out there on integrating AD/LDAP with roller for SSO? If found a few
references to doing SSO with roller and apparently there are some gotchas with
how roller and an LDAP play along:

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=LDAP_SSP_FAQ
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RollerAndSSO

although the one document relates to the 2.3 version of roller.

Again if anyone has any info to share I'd really appreciate it.

Thx!

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify me immediately by
return e-mail, delete this e-mail and do not copy, use or disclose it.