roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User only edit or remove self-written comments or entries
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:10:23 GMT
On 6/4/07, Eduard Ketler <edekette@web.de> wrote:
> Is there a possibility that a user with the permission author only can edit
> or remove self-written comments or entries? Not the entries and comments
> written by other users?

Roller does not support editing of comments at all. Originally there
was a philosophical reason for this, but I don't think that holds
today.

I'd like to be able to edit comments from myself and others on my
blog; to add a link, fix a spelling error, etc. I don't there's
anything wrong with that -- as long as comments are marked as "edit by
blog owner" or some other such notification in the standard
templates/macros.

If you want the feature, please file a JIRA issue (if one does not
already exist) -- or better yet write a dev proposal and submit a
patch ;-)

- Dave