roller-user mailing list archives

From "Wladimir Boton" <wbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accented entry title
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:17:07 GMT
Hi,

I already open a issue about this:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1420

For now, I've implemented this by myself using a very simple
conversion algoritm:

public static String removeAccents(String s){
        String sSemAcento = s;
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[áàâãä]","a");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[ÁÀÂÃÄ]","A");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[éèêë]","e");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[ÉÈÊË]","E");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[íìîï]","i");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[ÍÌÎÏ]","I");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[óòôõö]","o");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[ÓÒÔÕÖ]","O");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[úùûü]","u");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("[ÚÙÛÜ]","U");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("ç","c");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("Ç","C");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("ñ","n");
        sSemAcento = sSemAcento.replaceAll("Ñ","N");
        return sSemAcento;
    }

I've created this in the org.apache.roller.util package
(Utilities.java) and use it in
createAnchorBase method (WeblogEntryData.java):

base = Utilities.removeAccents(tmp);

It's working for me, but should be better be a option on the settings
of the webblog and include all accented letters not only the
portuguese one's I'm using.

bye

--
Wladimir Boton