roller-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Scott <andrew.sc...@aegeon.com.au>
Subject RE: Roller API from webservices
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:17:19 GMT
That is the same link I posted.

The problem is that it states how to activate the APP webservice.atom? But
it doesn't work. I get a page / template not found.

And I guess for the number to display at this end, is not a problem I can
just stop after the nth entry. But the APP is not working here...

And yes I stopped the application, restarted the application, reloaded the
application and even stopped and started Tomcat just that the APP is still
not working.

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
www.aegeon.com.au
Phone: +613  8676 4223
Mobile: 0404 998 273

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Blattman [mailto:jeffrey.blattman@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 June 2007 2:05 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Roller API from webservices

andrew,

APP is for manipulating blog entries for a particular blog. it won't give
you the set of blogs for all (or a subset of) users.

roller also has an admin API web service for creating, listing, modifying
and deleting weblogs and users, and manipulating weblog membership. it is
described here:
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeveloperGuide#section-Develop
erGuide-AtomAdminPublishingProtocol

unfortunately, said API doesn't allow you to get up to a certain number, or
get the newest, or most active, etc. weblogs. it just lists all of them. i
suppose returning all weblogs, users, etc. is not practical in a real
deployment, but that's the way it's implemented currently. it should be able
to page through the returned elements, or something.

On 6/26/07, Andrew Scott <andrew.scott@aegeon.com.au> wrote:

> This may have been asked a thousand times, but I came across this page in
> my
> search for getting information from Roller from another server and
> application.
>

> So please I am not using Java, but I need to know how I can get the latest
> blogs for all users to a certain number via a webservice or some other
> method.
>

> This is the page I came across, but I do not seem to see how this tells me
> how to do what I need.
>

> HYPERLINK
> "

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeveloperGuide#section-Develo
> perGuide-AtomPublishingProtocol"
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?pag
> e=DeveloperGuide#section-DeveloperGuide-AtomPublishingProtocol
>

> Anyone have any more information that explains webservice API for Roller?
>

> Andrew Scott
> Senior Coldfusion Developer
> Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
> HYPERLINK "http://www.aegeon.com.au"www.aegeon.com.au