roller-user mailing list archives

From Gary Kephart <gary_keph...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Referers count
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:03:37 GMT
Gary Kephart wrote:

> Running Apache Roller 3.1 on W2K and JBoss 4.0.4.
>
> The Referer list shows up, but there's no count next to it like there
> was on Roller 1.0.
> How do I fix this?

Found the answer to this. If you look in WEB-INF/velocity/weblog.vm,
you'll see the macro "showReferrersList" defined. Within that macro, it
references the boolean variable $includeHits. That variable is not found
anywhere else, and so is permanently set to false. In Roller 1.0, it was
a parameter to the macro. So I added it back in like so:

#macro(showReferrersList $refs $max $maxWidth $includeHits)

Then, you have to go to Preferences:Templates and edit your weblog file.
For me, this was Gary's Weblog. In there, it calls the above macro, and
you have to pass it in a value for $includeHits, like so:

    #showReferrersList($refs 30 20 true)

Gary

--
http://blog.photeus.com/

The penalty that good men pay for not being interested in politics is to
be governed by men worse than themselves - Plato, philosopher (427-347 BCE)