roller-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Blattman" <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller API from webservices
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:04:36 GMT
andrew,

APP is for manipulating blog entries for a particular blog. it won't give
you the set of blogs for all (or a subset of) users.

roller also has an admin API web service for creating, listing, modifying
and deleting weblogs and users, and manipulating weblog membership. it is
described here:
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeveloperGuide#section-DeveloperGuide-AtomAdminPublishingProtocol

unfortunately, said API doesn't allow you to get up to a certain number, or
get the newest, or most active, etc. weblogs. it just lists all of them. i
suppose returning all weblogs, users, etc. is not practical in a real
deployment, but that's the way it's implemented currently. it should be able
to page through the returned elements, or something.