roller-user mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@earthdome.org>
Subject Rebuild Search Index for all blogs
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:01:42 GMT
I am working on upgrading from roller 1.3 to 3.1.

With roller 3.1 I have not been able to get it to rebuild the entire
search index for all websites (blogs).

A google search found references to stopping roller, deleting all of
the contents of your lucene search directory, then restarting roller.
When roller restarts it is supposed to rebuild the search indexes.

When I do this the only thing that happens is a 20 byte segments
file gets created in the lucene search directory. The roller log
has no log lines regarding rebuilding of the search index.

I can rebuild the search index via the roller admin UI for an
individual blog. But this is a pain to do for all the websites (blogs).
And I do see log lines regarding the search index rebuild.

Is there any way to explicetly tell roller to rebuild the entire
search index? Can this be done somehow with the rollertask.sh script?

Thanks,

Glenn