roller-user mailing list archives

From Dolan Halbrook <dhalb...@cisco.com>
Subject How can I add outside data to Weblog model for config purposes?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:46:59 GMT

Hi there,

Here is my issue:  I'm attempting to roll out Roller (no pun intended) to a
pretty large audience at a pretty large organization.  We have created our
own theme, but to integrate with our internal navigation we need to, on
specific blogs, use an arbitrary key so the nav system is aware of where it
should be (this can't be done using the URL alone).

I know on Wordpress the equivalent of an open, user-defined Map is available
for people to drop arbitrary data onto the view.  This sort of thing might
work, but it looks like extending the Weblog model in Roller is not
necessarily trivial (ideally we'd just have another, admin-only, text field
in weblog setup).

As we integrate more and more this will come up as an issue more and more.
Am I missing something, or is there no easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Dolan