roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intergrate Roller with our webapp
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 19:15:52 GMT
On 5/24/07, lars henrik rotnes <sentorest@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, we have a custom webapp with a lot of registered users, we want to use
> roller to let these users have a access to their own individual blog
> accounts.
>
> I.e  we want is to install and use roller, but the users should be
> automatically logged in when they are logged into our system.
>
> What are the best way to go about this, is there an open api so we can
> autoregister the users from within our application, and then what is the best way to
automatically logon to roller when the user is logged on to our
> system.
>
> I hope someone can give us an outline for how to go about this, is there any
> best practises ?

At this point, the "best practice" is probably to take advantage of
the fact that Roller uses the Acegi framework for authentication. Take
a look at the Acegi documentation and Roller's security.xml file to
see where you can plug in.

- Dave