roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller problems with oracle
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 19:28:21 GMT
On 5/9/07, Aggeliki Koukoutsaki <angel_kouk@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i'm using roller 3.1 and oracle 10g with tomcat.
> The problem is that i am not able to read any Clob values from the database.
> As i've observed from the code the Clob columns are read as strings (resultset.getString())
and i believe that this causes the errors. I think the Clob values should be red as java.sql.Clob
objects and then transformed into string. Am i right with this?
> Is there a version that works with oracle that i can use? Because it is very difficult
to change all the necessary parts of the existing code.

None of the Roller developers use Oracle (as far as I know), but we
have heard reports that Roller can work with Oracle -- and I don't
believe they had to use java.sql.Clob to make it work.

You might want to check your WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.cfg.xml file
and make sure you are using the Oracle dialect.

Any Oracle users out there want to speak up?

- Dave