roller-user mailing list archives

From Ryan de Laplante <r...@ijws.com>
Subject Re: Disabling "Front Page" link in #showPageMenu
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 11:26:18 GMT
Perfect, thank you!

I've been working on creating a new Roller theme based on a sharp
template from styleshoot.  It's almost finished.  There is a button
effect that I can't do 100% accurately to the theme (even after fiddling
with the CSS for hours) because of the very few tags in that menu bar.
It would be most helpful to theme developers if at least one of these
two things could be added to Roller's default output: (not just on my
installation)

1) Change the menu bar list items from:

   <li class="rNavItem">
   </li>

to have a span inside of the a link:

   <li class="rNavItem">
   </li>

2) If Roller knows that one of these list items is currently being
displayed (such as Front Page or Weblog), then add either an id or class
of "current" to the list item.

3) On the comments form, the buttons have a class of "button" which is
very helpful.  On the search form, the button does not have a class of
"button" so it gets styled differently.

Should I create a ticket for this?  Do you think the Roller developers
would consider such a change?

Thanks,
Ryan

sedat ciftci wrote:
> You can disable it by changing the #showPageMenu macro
> in /web-inf/velocity/weblog.vm . Remove the following
> lines:
>
>         <li class="rNavItem">
>             <a
> href="$url.site/">$config.siteShortName</a>
>         </li>
>

>   Sedat
>
> --- Ryan de Laplante <ryan@ijws.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm hosting Roller on my own server and there is
>> only one blog on it.
>> The #showPageMenu velocity command outputs "Front
>> Page", "Weblog", and
>> "Login".  In my setup, the first two links bring the
>> user to my blog.
>> Is it possible to disable "Front Page" in Roller so
>> that only "Weblog"
>> and "Login" show up?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Ryan

for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.