roller-user mailing list archives

From Denis Balazuc <de...@balazuc.net>
Subject Re: Using Spring AOP around roller classes
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 22:43:17 GMT
Hi Raphael

You can set interceptors with Spring using the BeanNameAutoProxyCreator
and its friends (they are other techniques but that's the one I know/use
the most)

The example below wraps a "blog.dao.blogManagerDAO" bean (defined
elsewhere in the Spring config) with a transaction interceptor named
"blog.dao.transactionInterceptor", which is an interceptor bean also
defined elsewhere.
The BeanNameAutoProxyCreator (Spring) class contains properties
"interceptorNames", and "beanNames" which
tell it which objects methods calls you want to wrap with which
interceptors. There is probably classes in Spring for selecting which
methods to intercept too, and other exotic things.

Example:

      <bean
         id="beanNameAutoProxyCreator1"
         name="beanNameAutoProxyCreator1"

class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.BeanNameAutoProxyCreator">
         <property name="interceptorNames">
             <list>
                 <value>blog.dao.transactionInterceptor</value>

             </list>
         </property>
         <property name="beanNames">
             <value>blog.dao.blogManagerDAO</value>
         </property>
     </bean>

So, basically, what you need to do is identify the bean in the Spring
config on which you want to set an interceptor. Create an interceptor
class with the behaviour you want to add, then use a
BeanNameAutoProxyCreator bean (or other Spring interceptor-related
candy) to set the interceptors when Spring creates its beans.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more details.

Denis Balazuc