roller-user mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <allen.gillil...@sun.com>
Subject Re: issue deploying roller as root context
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 20:42:27 GMT
I have never seen an error like that when deploying Roller myself, but I
*know* that you can run the application at the root context because I do
it myself and have been for over a year.

If you do some searching on the issue it seems that the reason for that
error is that the container is having problems finding classes ...

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=707833

So I would start by really checking that you have properly included all
the necessary Roller libraries in your container's classpath and work
from there.  You can even start with some simple test jsps which just
import the class you want and possibly instantiate it if it's just a bean.

-- Allen

Scott Dunbar wrote:
> No, I can tell you it wasn't as I initiated this thread.  There was a
> request for log files that I need to follow up on.  However, I
> ultimately changed to have the roller web app under my root and the root
> index.jsp redirect to the roller web app.  My tomcat config looks like:
>
> <Host name="blog.domain.tld" appBase="/home/scott/sites/blog.domain.tld"
>              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" >
>
>            <Context path="" docBase="" />  <!-- so that /index.jsp works
> -->
>
>            <Context path="/roller"
> docBase="/home/scott/sites/blog.domain.tld/roller" >
> </Host>
>
> Then the root index.jsp only has:
>
> <% response.sendRedirect("/roller/index.jsp"); %>
>
> as the entire file.
>
> I'll change it back and grab the logs to assist with debugging.
>

> Johnson, Jason R wrote:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Help-in-debugging-config-install-problem-tf3670853
>> s12275.html
>>
>> I believe I may be having the same issue as this person, does anyone
>> know if this was resolved?

>>> RollerFactory.getRoller().getUserManager().getWebsites(user,