roller-user mailing list archives

From "Anil Gangolli" <a...@busybuddha.org>
Subject Re: Data object, template guide
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 15:51:04 GMT

The user who created a given entry is exposed to the template, but I don't
think the name of the user associated with the request is exposed in any
rendering model to the blog templates.

I'm not sure if this was a conscious privacy decision at some point or not,
but it strikes me that there is at least a question about whether a logged
in user's name should be exposed to the template on every page view.  This
and other information might be able to be provided in a "Request" model
object with some local site configuration to control
exposure.

You can get some non-personal aspects of the user using $utils
(e.g. $utils.isUserAuthenticated(), $utils.isUserAuthorizedToAuthor(),
$utils.isUserAuthorizedToAdmin())

--a.

----- Original Message -----
From: "benjamin servant" <benjaminservant@hotmail.com>
To: <user@roller.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:28 AM
Subject: RE: Data object, template guide

Sorry to insist guys but I really need to know how I can get the username or
the fullame of the current logged in user. So, has anyone any ideas on which
data object I should use??? (something that replaced $user.userName, but
still work with roller 3.0).
Exprimez-vous : créez la page d'accueil qui vous ressemble avec Live.com.
http://www.live.com/getstarted