roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Roller project announces graduation and new Apache Roller 3.1 release
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:30:45 GMT
The Apache Roller team is pleased to announce that the project has
graduated from the Apache Incubator and we've made available the long
awaited Apache Roller 3.1, our first official Apache release.

First, the big news: we've graduated! In our time in the Apache
Incubator we grew the already diverse Roller community, demonstrated
our commitment to and understanding of Apache governance, reviewed all
of our code to ensure compliance with Apache licensing policies and
made major improvements in the Roller software. Now we've met all
graduation requirements, the ASF board has passed our graduation
resolution and we're an official top-level project of the Apache
Software Foundation, hosted at http://roller.apache.org.

And last but not least, the big new release. Roller 3.1 is a major new
release that includes support for tagging (contributed by IBM), an
improved weblog editor based on Xinha, numerous other improvements and
bug fixes. Learn more from the What's New in Roller 3.1 page here:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/What%27s+new+in+Roller+3.1

This is a new release, but the Roller 3.1 code-base has been in use
for months at a number of production sites, including
http://blogs.sun.com and rollerweblogger.org. Here are direct links to
the download files:

Web application, binary release

* Roller 3.1 Web application
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/bin/apache-roller-3.1.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/bin/apache-roller-3.1.tar.gz.asc

* Roller 3.1 Web application
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/bin/apache-roller-3.1.zip
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/bin/apache-roller-3.1.zip.asc

Source code release

* Roller 3.1 Source code
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/src/apache-roller-src-3.1.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/src/apache-roller-src-3.1.tar.gz.asc

* Roller 3.1 Source code
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/src/apache-roller-src-3.1.zip
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/src/apache-roller-src-3.1.zip.asc

Here are links to the Roller 3.1 docs in PDF format.

* Roller 3.1 User Guide
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/docs/roller-user-guide.pdf

* Roller 3.1 Template Author Guide
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/docs/roller-template-guide.pdf

* Roller 3.1 Installation Guide
http://www.apache.org/dist/roller/roller-3/v3.1.0/docs/roller-install-guide.pdf

If you run into installation problems please seek assistance on the
Roller User Mailing List:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Roller+Mailing+Lists'

Please report bugs and enhancement requests to Roller's JIRA based
Issue Tracker:
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/projects/roller