roller-user mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <allen.gillil...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Help with this problem "Comments are closed for this entry."
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:29:44 GMT
Iruiz,

your solution should work fine, but the reason why that wasn't working
is because that $entry variable is incorrect.  what that should really
look like is this ...

          #if ($model.permalink)
              #showWeblogEntryComments($model.weblogEntry)
              #showWeblogEntryCommentForm($model.weblogEntry)
          #end

-- Allen

lruiz wrote:
> I check all the configs and they are ok,
> I think the problem is on the themes for some reason the $entry object isn't
> set so the following code on Weblog.vm doesn't work
>
>         #if ($model.permalink)
>             #showWeblogEntryComments($entry)
>             #showWeblogEntryCommentForm($entry)
>         #end
>
> so I moved the code to _day.vm in iteration over entries, and now it works,
>
> btw, i don't know nothing about velocity or if this is a good solution but I
> hope that helps you in some way so I attached the patch with the code
> changes for a better understanding
>

> Anil Gangolli wrote:
>>
>> Check two places:
>>
>> There's a value that determines the number of days to allow for comments.
>> The default value for a new entry is determined on the Weblog Settings |
>> Preferences Tab | Settings page for the weblog.
>>
>> Their is an independent value for each entry; this value is initially set
>> from the default but can be tweaked per entry.  You can see it by editing
>> the entry and looking under the "Advanced Settings" part of the page (if
>> you
>> click to expand that).
>>
>> What are you seeing there?
>>
>> Note that there may be bugs in the latest trunk code that are not in
>> previously released versions.
>> --a.

>>> tomcat5.5.23, mysql5.0.37, mysql connector5.0.5, the application runs