roller-user mailing list archives

From lruiz <lrd190...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with this problem "Comments are closed for this entry."
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:15:59 GMT

I check all the configs and they are ok,
I think the problem is on the themes for some reason the $entry object isn't
set so the following code on Weblog.vm doesn't work

        #if ($model.permalink)
            #showWeblogEntryComments($entry)
            #showWeblogEntryCommentForm($entry)
        #end

so I moved the code to _day.vm in iteration over entries, and now it works,

btw, i don't know nothing about velocity or if this is a good solution but I
hope that helps you in some way so I attached the patch with the code
changes for a better understanding

Anil Gangolli wrote:

> Check two places:
>
> There's a value that determines the number of days to allow for comments.
> The default value for a new entry is determined on the Weblog Settings |
> Preferences Tab | Settings page for the weblog.
>
> Their is an independent value for each entry; this value is initially set
> from the default but can be tweaked per entry.  You can see it by editing
> the entry and looking under the "Advanced Settings" part of the page (if
> you
> click to expand that).
>
> What are you seeing there?
>
> Note that there may be bugs in the latest trunk code that are not in
> previously released versions.
> --a.

http://www.nabble.com/file/8010/allow_comments_patch.txt
allow_comments_patch.txt